Thursday, April 7, 2011

Guess what? Another delay!

Due to the landlord responsibilities I described in yesterday's post, I didn't get home until rather late and couldn't devote any time to Rustbot. Booooooo. Compounding the disappointment is that I don't think I'll be working on it tonight, either. I have the time, but something else beckons me...


You see, this morning Notch tweeted that he was going to add rain and snow to Minecraft 1.5. This is awesome! He also tweeted that he was looking for suggestions on what the rain should effect in-game. A game dev by the name of Terry Cavanagh responded that rain should make sheep magnetic, thereby allowing them to clump together and be rolled around a là Katamari.

Fucking. Brilliant.

So tonight when I get home I'm going to do that. Sorta. Minus the rain and the sheep. I'm going to make a fake Minecraft environment with physical blocks (textured appropriately obviously), and a katamari ball that you push around and control. And it will pick up whatever block it touches. It will be epically awesome.

Needless to say, I'm eager to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment