Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Huge Success!

By 9:20pm last night (dangerously close to my geriatric bed time), I completed the heightmap breakup script. The formula I'd derived yesterday was almost correct. I'd neglected to account for the fact that every pixel constitutes a number of array elements equal to the image's color mode. As a result, the matrix dimensions for each tiled image were not w1 x w1, but instead (w1 * colormode) x w1 (see yesterday's post for definition of w1).

So in my normal fashion, I tried a few things by random trial and error only to yield fantastic failure. Once I sat back and thought about it, the solution was there and I had my working script. Excellent, Smithers.

Immediately after work I need to fulfill my duties as a landlord (i.e. travel to Worcester to meet and pay a trash removal service to get rid of a flooded and soggy basement carpet), but after that I would like to get home and work on the method in Rustbot to load the appropriate tiles based on player location and selectively draw them with a corresponding level of detail.

Go ahead and try to tell me that doesn't sound exhilarating. You can't.

Because it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment