Monday, February 18, 2013

Pre-pre-pre-alpha demo video what

I've spent the past ~twelve hours working on adding in hinges and springs, and the ability to add them to loose objects, compound objects, and vice versa. It's quite complicated and deep. Seriously. There's still some more work to do on it, some bugs to iron out, but overall it's almost somewhat robust. I decided to put ol' FRAPS (free version; I'm cheap) to use and get some quick vids out. Then I decided to put ol' AVS Video Editor (free version; I'm cheap) to use and make a cool compilation. And so here you have it!

After the break, that is.


When I eventually get to adding hinges in the video, you'll see that I wind up defining the hinge axis as well. Also, hey! Some kind of GUI! ZOMG.

The music playing in the background is Darkhalo (have I mentioned that his music is fantastic?), but it's only placeholder to set the ambiance. I have another musician lined up to provide original tunes for Rustbot once it's at an appropriate stage.

Anyways, I'm a few beers and a few glasses of scotch deep right now, so I think I'll sign off and (maybe, ok maybe not) go to sleep soon.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment