Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Making Excuses

Ok so last night I fully intended to get a lot of work done.

I didn't.

I got no work done.

But I can explain! I got home, and I had to feed the dog. And I had to let him out. And I had to make some dinner for myself. That takes a lot of time! After that, I had to (at the behest of my fiancée) shave my beard and cut my hair. That also takes a substantial amount of time!

After all that was complete, it was already 5:30! I mean, how much work can I get done if I only have 3-4 hours with which to get into a groove? Seriously? Let's be realistic. I need at LEAST that much time of dicking around before any real productivity begins to coalesce.

I opened up Steam to see if my father-in-law redeemed the Mass Effect gift I sent him (he did), and while Steam was open I briefly perused the "New Releases". A new horror-adventure game caught my eye called Scratches and, since it's only $8, I said "hell yes I want to shit my pants tonight!" Bought, downloaded, played for 30 minutes.

Pants officially soiled.

Like Amnesia: The Dark Descent, it takes place in a (seemingly) abandoned haunted house (for lack of a better term). There's not the full mobility as in Amnesia; here you have full 360° viewing, but movement is relegated to point and click. This means that to go from one room to another you click on a door handle and thusly commit to it. You're then thrust into the unknown, which makes opening doors an absolutely terrifying experience.

Anyways, being fully saturated with fright, I elected to instead put on some FLCL via Netflix (thankfully the PSN intrusion didn't affect that) in order to wash out the terror so that I might sleep that night.

But really, I need to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment